#kerajaangagal62 - Call on Muhyiddin to convene an All-Party All-NGOs Conference to Save Malaysia from Covid-19 Pandemic with a five-point War Plan
The new record of daily increase of 6,976 new Covid-19 cases is the best answer to the National Security Council’s decision last Friday on stringent measures in the war against Covid-19 pandemic.
It seemed to confirm the response of a doctor friend when I asked him yesterday what he thought of the NSC decision and his answer was:
“From medical perspective, total crap.
“From political survival perspective, good for them.
“From public perspective, people are doomed.”
For the last 15 months, we have been fight a losing war, though an invisible war, against the Covid-19 pandemic since the Sheraton Move conspiracy toppled the democratically-elected Pakatan Harapan government after 22 months.
We have paid with over 2,200 lives. How many more Malaysians must die before we come to the end of the Covid-19 pandemic?
The country is facing its worst moment of survival since we achieved Merdeka in 1957, and I call on all Malaysians, regardless of race, religion or political beliefs, to put their personal and political differences aside and to focus singly on the task to win this invisible war against the Covid-18 pandemic and to save Malaysian lives and livelihoods.
I suggest that the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, should immediately convene an All-Party All-NGOs Conference to Save Malaysia from Covid-19 Pandemic with a five-point war plan:
- Restore public and confidence in war plan against the Covid-19 pandemic;
- National mobilisation of Malaysians to ensure “entire-of-society” strategy and approach;
- A new economic stimulus package to help the poor and vulnerable;
- Effective and efficient Find-Test-Trace-Isolate-Support (FTTIS) to ensure that we are always ahead of the pandemic curve; and
- Acceleration of the national vaccination rollout especially in view of deadly Covid-19 variants.
Malaysians must unite for a new start to win the invisible war against the Covid-19 pandemic.
I am confident that all political parties and NGOs are prepared to put national interests above all else and this includes the Opposition parties.
Malaysians deserve better!