Previous Government had forgotten about the five principles of Rukunegara or it would never have allowed Malaysia to become a global kleptocracy heading in the trajectory of a failed and rogue state
Slightly over a year ago, Malaysians performed a political miracle when against all odds, they peacefully and democratically saved Malaysia from becoming a failed, rogue and kleptocratic state.
The previous government and its Ministers and leaders had forgotten about the five principles of Rukunegara or they would never have allowed Malaysia to become a global kleptocracy heading in the trajectory of a failed and rogue state.
This is why all Malaysians must always remember the Rukunegara, the principles and objectives, which state:
“WHEREAS OUR COUNTRY, MALAYSIA nurtures the ambitions of:
- Achieving a more perfect unity amongst the whole of her society;
- Preserving a democratic way of life;
- Creating a just society where the prosperity of the country can be enjoyed together in a fair and equitable manner;
- Guaranteeing a liberal approach towards her rich and varied cultural traditions; and
- Building a progressive society that will make use of science and modern technology.
WE, HER PEOPLE, pledge our united efforts to attain these ends guided by these principles:
- BELIEF IN GOD
- LOYALTY TO KING AND COUNTRY
- THE SUPREMACY OF THE CONSTITUTION
- THE RULE OF LAW
- COURTESY AND MORALITY.”
Malaysia took a wrong turn in nation-building and we would have ended up as a failed, rogue and kleptocratic state even worse than Venezuela today if ordinary Malaysians did not make the historic decision on May 9, 2018 to save Malaysia by re-setting the Malaysian nation-building policies, based on the five pillar-promises of Pakatan Harapan, viz:
- Reduce the people’s burden.
- Institutional and political reforms.
- Spur sustainable and equitable economic growth.
- Return Sabah and Sarawak to the status accorded in Malaysia Agreement 1963.
- Create a Malaysia that is inclusive, moderate and respected globally.
The choice before Malaysians is very clear-cut – revert to be a failed, rogue and kleptocratic state or build a New Malaysia which is united, harmonious, democratic, just, progressive and prosperous respected in the international arena as a top world-class nation in every field of human endeavour.
We have the makings to be a world top-class nation which is model for other plural societies if we can learn from the best values taught by the different great religions and civilisations which meet in confluence in Malaysia and Malaysians are always mindful of the principles and precepts of Rukunegara.
Even now, there are those who are use the name of religion not to unite but to divide Malaysians, spreading lies and falsehoods to make one race to envy another and one religion to distrust and hate another.
Do we want to make the mistakes of the past and allow lies and falsehoods to preach extremism, hate and intolerance of race and religion to tear Malaysia asunder?
This is the choice before the present generation of Malaysia, who must understand that we are at the crossroads of Malaysian nation-building.