Still waiting for Dzulkifli of MACC to accept invitation personally explain at the “Sayangi Malaysia, Hapuskan Kleptocrasi” rally in PJ on Oct. 14 what he had done to defend Malaysia’s reputation against being regarded worldwide as global kleptocracy as a result of 1MDB scandal
A week ago, at the launching ceremony for Johor Pakatan Harapan in Tampoi, I challenged the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) Chief Commissioner Tan Sri Dzulkifli Ahmad to explain at the Pakatan Harapan “Sayangi Malaysia, Hapuskan Kleptokrasi” rally in Petaling Jaya on Oct. 14 what he had done to defend Malaysia’s reputation against being regarded worldwide as a global kleptocracy as a result of the 1MDB scandal.
I am still waiting for Dzulkifli to declare whether he dares to accept the invitation or otherwise. Don’t tell me that the MACC Chief Commissioner dare not even say yes or no?
Last week, Dzulkifli said that the people are watching me to judge my commitment and seriousness towards fighting corruption and abuses of power.
But Dzulkifli has forgotten that he is also being watched by 32 million Malaysians whether he is genuine about fighting corruption, in particular grand corruption, and whether he could explain why China had been catching and punishing “tigers” and Indonesia pursuing the “crocodiles”, but in Malaysia, the “sharks” of corruption are swimming freely and merrily in the South China Sea?
Let us see whether Dzulkifli has the courage, commitment and zeal against corruption to come to the Pakatan Haeapan “Sayangi Malaysia, Hapuskan Kleptokrasi” rally in Petaling Jaya next Saturday on Oct. 14 to explain how the MACC is fighting the greatest financial scandal in Malaysian history – the 1MDB scandal.
Three frequently asked questions (FAQ) on the 1MDB scandal are:
- Whether Najib received RM2.6 billion donation from Saudi royalty;
- Whether Najib returned RM2.1 billion to Saudi royalty; and
- Whether the RM144 million pink diamond necklace for the “wife of MO1” came from stolen 1MDB funds.
The answers to all these three FAQs about the 1MDB scandal are available in great detail in the US Department of Justice (DOJ)’s largest kleptocratic litigation to forfeit US$1.7 billion 1MDB-linked assets in the United States, United Kingdom and Switzerland.
The answers to the three FAQs are:
- Najib never received the RM2.6 billion donation from Saudi royalty just before the 13th General Election, although he received other donations from Saudi sources which have not been given a proper accounting. The RM2.6 billion monies came from 1MDB funds.
- Najib never returned the RM2.1 billion to Saudi royalty, as the money did not come from Saudi sources, but were returned to Tanore account in Singapore which was operated by 1MDB mastermind and Najib’s confidante, Jho Low, and were from stolen 1MDB funds.
- The RM2.1 billion returned to Tanore account in Singapore was used to buy, among other things, the RM144 million pink diamond necklace for the “wife of MO1”.
These details and evidence are all to be found in US DOJ kleptocratic litigation and are virtually “served on a silver platter” to MACC, and Dzulkifli should explain on Oct. 14 why he and the MACC had done nothing about these incontrovertible evidence.