DAP facing life-and-death struggle with the widening of the battleground and opening of a third phase of the UMNO/BN “DDD” campaign
DAP is facing a life-and-death struggle with the widening of the battleground and opening of the third phase of the UMNO/BN “DDD” campaign to demonise and destroy the DAP.
In the past several months, the Umno/BN “DDD” – “Demonise/Destroy DAP” – battalions of propagandists and cybertroopers had launched two phases of assault on the DAP, viz:
- Firstly, the outrageous and preposterous allegation of the non-existent DAP-financed “Red Bean Army” of 3,000 cybertroopers with a budget from RM100 million to RM1 billion in past six years to demonise and character-assassinate Umno/BN leaders; and
- Secondly, the baseless and malicious campaign about electoral fraud in DAP Central Executive Committee (CEC) elections last December, culminating in the booklet of lies by the fictitious “Father Augustus Chen” making two major allegations, namely “753 delegates (mostly Indians)” not notified of the DAP Congress and “543 phantom delegates (mostly from Penang)”, when both are complete lies and falsehoods.
In the two phases of the “DDD” campaign, the battalions of Umno/BN propagandists and cybertroopers had concocted and recycled hundreds of lies and falsehoods against the DAP especially in the Umno/BN media Utusan Malaysia and New Straits Times.
The “DDD” campaign has not ended or abated after the DAP decision for CEC re-election to pre-empt continued abuse of power by the Registrar of Societies (RoS) at the behest of the Umno/BN political “masters”, particularly the deregistration of the DAP.
The Umno/BN’s “DDD” campaign has now entered a third and even more deadly phase to demonise/destroy the DAP, with
- continued concoction and regurgitation of lies and falsehoods against the DAP, with scores of lies and falsehoods concocted and regurgitated in the past three days just in Utusan Malaysia and New Straits Times;
- widening of the DDD battlefield from hitherto Bahasa Malaysia and English media to Chinese and Tamil media; and
- official blessing given to the DDD campaign by none other than the Prime Minister and UMNO President, Datuk Seri Najib Razak, who jumped into the chorus of baseless attacks on the DAP within 48 hours of the the DAP decision on CEC re-election, regurgitating the DDD lies and falsehoods against the DAP.
Najib alleged that the DAP is not a “credible political party” by trotting out the lie that DAP had failed to notify 753 delegates of the DAP Congress of the CEC elections last December, when he should know that this lie of “753 delegates (mostly Indians)” not notified of the CEC Congress last December, together with the equally meretricious lie of “547 phantom delegates (mostly from Penang)” were total concoctions without any proof whatsoever.
DAP is therefore facing a “life-and-death” test as the Umno/BN “Demolish/Destroy DAP” battalions are finalising devilish plans and marshalling their forces to try to destroy the DAP once and for all.