Call on Najib to convene a special meeting of Parliament before end of year to refute ignominy of Malaysia as “global kleptocracy” or cleanse Malaysia’s reputation to show the world Malaysians cherish reputation of Malaysia as an upright nation of integrity
Five recent events have given Malaysians a lot of food for thought and deliberation for the last three weeks of this year, viz:
- The resounding impeachment of South Korea’s President Park Geun-hye by a 234-56 votes by South Korean Parliament over a corruption scandal which had brought millions onto the streets in protest against her.
- The unceasing international shame and embarrassment to Malaysians with the unending reverberrations of the global multi-billion dollar 1MDB kleptocratic scandal in various foreign countries, creating a spate of adverse publicity like the closure of banks and imprisonment of bankers, Malaysians becoming international corruption fugitives and the mystery of “MO1”, which is impossible to hide from Malaysians in the era of information society – although the 1MDB scandal is strictly kept under the lid by repressive and autocratic laws.
- A purported letter dated Dec 9 in Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Zahid Hamidi’s name addressed to BN MPS and Senators urging them to pressure Najib to step down as Prime Minister, together with a replacement Cabinet with Zahid as Prime Minister and Khairy Jamaluddin as Deputy Prime Minister. I believe this is a fake letter, but did it originate from within UMNO ranks or outside. In any event, Malaysia is heading for an unprecedented era of political dirty tricks, for didn’t the Prime Minister and UMNO President, Datuk Seri Najib Razak himself ushered in such disgusting politics of hate and “Big Lies” in his opening and closing speeches at the UMNO General Assembly, with three “Big Lies” Nazi-style:
- That the 14th General Elections will be a contest between UMNO and DAP.
- That the DAP is anti-Malay or anti-Islam.
- The “nightmares” Malay will suffer if UMNO loses power to DAP in the next general elections.
Malaysians have one uncompleted business for the year as Malaysia should stop running and hiding from the greatest kleptocracy scandal not only in Malaysian history but the biggest money-laundering scandal in the world as well.
Parliament in its 25-day budget meeting had failed its national duty to rebut and refute Malaysia’s ignominy and infamy of being regarded worldwide as a “global kleptocracy” as a result of the International multi-billion dollar 1MDB money-laundering scandal or to cleanse and purge Malaysia of such infamy and ignominy.
The five-day UMNO General Assemblies also failed the country in neither rebutting and refuting the preposterous epithet of a “global kleptocracy” nor purging and cleansing Malaysia of such international infamy and ignominy.
Instead of boldly confronting the 1MDB and “global kleptocracy” issues, the five-day UMNO Assemblies have put up the infamous charade to vaporise the 1MDB and “global kleptocracy” issues into an invisible but humongous “elephant in the room”.
I call on Najib to convene a special meeting of Parliament before end of year to refute the ignominy of Malaysia as “global kleptocracy” or cleanse Malaysia’s reputation to show the world Malaysians cherish the reputation of Malaysia as an upright nation of integrity.
If Najib is unable or incapable of performing this last uncompleted business for the year 2016, he is not qualified to be a patriot and least fit to continue as Prime Minister.