Well-funded Umno/BN Demonise/Destroy DAP (DDD) Brigade formed eight months before Parliament dissolution an abject failure
Further inquiries have shown that the well-funded UMNO/BN conspiracy to demonise and destroy the DAP (the DDD Brigade) has a central high command and was hatched as far back as September last year or some eight months before the dissolution of Parliament in April and not just three months in January as earlier thought.
The spawning of the outrageous allegation of a fictitious DAP-funded “Red Bean Army” of 3,000 cybertroopers with a budget of RM100 million to RM1 billion in the past six years is just one of tasks of this secretive but well-funded “DDD” Brigade.
Other tasks of the “DDD” Brigade through spewing sheer lies and falsehoods include:
- Foment internal distrust, conflict and strife in DAP;
- Demonise and destroy public confidence, credibility and integrity of DAP leaders;
- Paint the image of DAP as a Chinese chauvinist party which is anti-Malay and anti-Indian;
- After the 16th DAP Congress on Dec. 15, 2013, SPEARHEAD a three-prong campaign involving party members, former party activists and outsiders to demand deregistration of DAP on the spurious ground of party election irregularities.
Well-oiled with virtually limitless funding, this DDD Brigade, which is controlled from the inner sanctum of the 13GE Umno/BN “War Room”, launched a three-pronged offensive against the DAP since September last year, viz:
- Nation-wide roadshow of talks and dinners to demonise and destroy DAP;
- Massive and prolonged but unprincipled and unscrupulous campaign of lies and falsehoods in the Umno/BN owned/controlled media, Utusan Malaysia, New Straits Times, Berita Harian and Star, to demonise and destroy DAP and DAP leaders; and
- The Big Lie of the fictitious DAP-funded “Red Bean Army” of 3,000 cybertroopers with a budget of RM100 million to RM1 billion in the past six years.
This DDD Brigade had several objectives, including:
- Ensure DAP defeat and MCA re-election in Sungai Pelek state assembly constituency in Selangor;
- Help BN recapture Selangor state government; and
- Undermine DAP efforts in the national general elections.
In the event, the DDD Brigade was an abject failure, for MCA/BN not only lost in Sungai Pelek constituency, the DAP candidate Lai Nyuk Lan was able to win with a resounding victory, turning the MCA majority of 1,572 votes in 2,008 into a DAP majority of 1,972 votes in the 2013 general elections.
In Selangor, DAP won another two State Assembly seats from 13 in 2008 to 15 in 2013 while nationally DAP’s parliamentary seats increased from 28 in 2008 to 38 in the 13GE.
An analysis of the lies and falsehoods deployed by this DDD Brigade shows the depth and depravity the UMNO/BN “War Room” was prepared to countenance just to demolish and destroy the DAP, completely bereft of all respect for truth, justice and ethics. But that is for another day.